Winner will be announced at blog.lulus.com by 8/24/16. Winner will be notified by Instagram comment. Contest open to continental US residents only. Must be 18 to win. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Instagram account must be public to enter. See below for full terms & conditions.
PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION OR ENTRY. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO REGISTER, ENTER, OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS AGED 18 AS OF AUGUST 8, 2016 WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The Lulus Style Studio NYC Getaway 2016 Contest ("The Contest") is created and sponsored by Lulu's Fashion Lounge, Inc., trading as Lulus or Lulus.com ("Sponsor" or "Lulus"), 195 Humboldt Ave. Chico, CA 95928. By participating in The Contest, you agree to the terms and conditions of the Lulus website, which are available at http://www.lulus.com/customerservice/termsofuse, incorporated herein by reference, and that your participation will be governed by, and you shall abide by, all of the following rules (the "Contest Rules") outlined herein.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of one of the continental United States or the District of Columbia (residents of Alaska and Hawaii are ineligible), and (b) will be aged 18 years old or older on August 8, 2016. Sponsor in its discretion may require a person who submits an Entry ("Participant") to provide verification of eligibility. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win The Contest: current or former (within the immediately preceding 12 months) employees, officers, directors, and contractors of Lulu's Fashion Lounge, Inc., and anyone involved in the administration of The Contest, and any member of the immediate family (i.e., a parent, sibling, child or grandchild) or household of any of the foregoing individuals.
2. Entry Period: Entries will be accepted starting at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time, August 8, 2016 and ending 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time, August 21, 2016 (the "Contest Entry Period"). The timestamp generated by Instagram shall be the official time-keeping device for The Contest.
3. How to Enter: All Entries shall be submitted through Instagram. Individuals must have or open an account with Instagram in order to participate in The Contest. Instagram accounts are subject to the Instagram terms and conditions. Instagram account must not be set to "private" (Lulus can only see your "public" photographs). In order to enter, complete the following steps: 1. Follow @lulus on Instagram; 2. Upload an original photograph of yourself wearing a NYC street style or Fashion Week-inspired outfit to Instagram; 3. Tag @lulus in the caption of the photograph; 4. Include the hashtag #lulusNYCcontest in the caption of the photograph.
To enter more than one photograph, repeat steps 2 through 4 with each original photograph. Each original photograph will constitute one (1) entry. Each eligible Participant may submit an unlimited number of Entries during the Contest Entry Period. By using the hashtag #lulusNYCcontest to submit an Entry, you warrant and represent that your Entry photograph is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish and exploit the Entry photograph, the Entry does not feature trademarks, logos, or brand names other than those owned by Sponsor, and the Entry is not made for any improper purpose such as to intimidate or harass any individual or to ridicule, disparage, or embarrass the Sponsor. No Entry shall contain any language or imagery which Sponsor deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or that promotes discrimination on the basis of race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry that contains any such language or imagery or which otherwise may be in violation of any law. Late, incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all Rules are subject to disqualification. Any form of automated entry, including by the use of macros, scripts or bots, will be disqualified. Furthermore, by entering, each Participant represents and warrants that each Entry complies with these Contest Rules in full. Entries must not contain any material that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing and/or determines is contrary to the Contest mission. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and/or not accept any Entry that Sponsor determines does not or is likely not to comply with these guidelines. No purchase is necessary for entry. Your submission of an Entry constitutes your legal representation that you are eligible to participate in The Contest, and that you have read and agree to be bound by these Rules. All Entries must be posted to Instagram no later than 11:59 pm Pacific Time on August 21, 2016.
5. Judging Period and Criteria: Each qualified Entry will be judged during the Judging Period, which shall begin August 8, 2016 and end on or about August 24, 2016. Initially, all Entries will be judged by Lulus personnel, to be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion (the "Initial Judges"). The Initial Judges shall select approximately ten (10) finalist Entries using the following equally weighted criteria: Creativity; Composition of Photograph; and Relevance to NYC Street Style and Fashion Week Theme. The ten finalist Entries shall be judged by a panel of Lulus personnel, to be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion, who will select one (1) Winner from among the ten Finalist Entries, using the judging criteria above. Decisions of judges are final and binding.
6. Winner Notification, Requirements, and Grant of Rights: Sponsor, using the @lulus Instagram account, will notify Winner by making an Instagram comment on the winning Entry (the "Notification"), no later than two (2) days after the Judging Period ends. To claim the Prize, Winner must respond to the Notification within forty-eight (48) hours of its posting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the winner and guest's full legal name; phone number; home, mailing, and email addresses, and all other information necessary for the ticketing and booking of airline and hotel reservations. The necessary travel information and reservations will thereafter be emailed to Winner by Sponsor and/or the transportation and hotel providers. The Winner must also, within five (5) business days of Notification, prove eligibility to the Sponsor's satisfaction, sign an affidavit of eligibility and full liability release, grant Sponsor in writing a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferrable, sublicensable, and non-exclusive perpetual license throughout the universe for use in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised to use and exploit (including without limitation by reproduction, distribution, public display, adaptation, communication to the public, and/or public performance, and including for commercial purposes) the Entry photograph, waive to the full extent permitted by law any and all claims against Sponsor related to moral rights in the Entry, and except where prohibited, grant written permission to have the Winner's name, likeness and identity used for promotional purposes by Sponsor without additional compensation. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the Instagram account associated with the winning Entry, as registered with Instagram. Lulus shall have no liability for a Winner's failure to receive notices due to Winnersí failure to check Instagram; due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings; or for Winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Sponsor may in its discretion announce the name of the potential Winner on www.lulus.com or in other forms of communication. The receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. If any Winner becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems, in its sole discretion, likely to subject Lulus to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon Lulus in any way, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety (if it has not already been awarded) or withdraw the remainder of the prize if it has not yet been completed. The failure of a potential winner promptly to prove eligibility, sign the required affidavit, grant of permission, and grant of rights in the Entry, or Sponsor's inability to contact the potential winner, will result in immediate disqualification and selection of an alternative winner. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Prizes: There is one (1) Grand Prize, consisting of a trip for the Winner and one guest to attend the Lulus Style Studio event (the "Event") on September 9, 2016 in New York City. The Grand Prize includes two admission tickets to the Event; round-trip coach air transportation for the Winner and one guest (selected by the Winner) from the major U.S. airport nearest Winner's primary residence to New York City; three nights' hotel accommodations (one standard room, double occupancy), in a New York City hotel; one styling session for Winner and guest with a Lulus Lead Stylist; one electronic gift credit to Lulus.com in the amount of $1,000.00; and one Visa (or similar) gift card in the amount of $500.00 for travel expenses. If Winner resides within 150 miles of New York City, ground and not air transportation will be provided. In the exercise of its sole discretion, Sponsor will determine the applicable airport, airline or ground transportation carrier, and hotel. Winner and guest must be available to travel to New York City on September 8, 2016 and return on September 11, 2016. The airline tickets and hotel reservation are non-transferable. Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to ground transportation to and from airports, meals, beverages, tips, taxi fare, taxes and hotel incidentals. Winner may be required to present a valid credit card at hotel check-in. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the Grand Prize depends on the Winner's residence, but is anticipated to be between $3,000.00 and $4,500.00. Winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the anticipated ARV. No cash or other prize substitutions are permitted except at Sponsorís sole discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Gift card and electronic gift credit shall be subject to the terms and conditions delivered with them. Winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes associated with winning the Grand Prize.
8. Travel and Lodging Requirements and Restrictions: The winner's guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents. Winnerís guest may also be required to execute applicable documents prior to ticketing of the travel prize. Air transportation tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All air transportation tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages and schedule or route changes.
9. Possible Event Cancellation or Rescheduling: The Event is subject to, and Sponsor is not responsible for, changes to schedule, exigencies or delays, postponements or cancellation. If the Event does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, location changes, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, the Grand Prize will not include two admission tickets to the Event, or one styling session for Winner and her guest with a Lulus Lead Stylist, but Winner will receive all other components of the Grand Prize. The travel portion of the Grand Prize (airfare or ground transportation and hotel accommodations) is subject to cancellation if extreme weather, work stoppages, or an event of force majeure makes travel to New York City during the time period of September 8-September 11, 2016 unadvisable, at Sponsor's sole discretion . Should the travel portion of the Grand Prize be cancelled, the Grand Prize will include only the Lulus electronic gift credit and Visa gift card.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, each Participant agrees to and hold harmless Lulus and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (all of the foregoing, the "Sponsor Parties") from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such Participant's participation in The Contest and/or her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited any loss or damage to any Entry, (iii) the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iv) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or The Contest; (vi) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of The Contest or the processing of Entries; to the maximum extent allowed by law. Some jurisdictions may not permit certain liability limitations or waivers. If any court determines the law of such a jurisdiction applies, our liability shall be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
11. All Decisions Final: All decisions of Sponsor and Sponsor Parties are final and binding in all respects.
12. Disputes: THE CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in The Contest, to the fullest extent allowed by law, Participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, causes of action or controversies arising out of or in connection with The Contest, shall be resolved in arbitration individually and without resort to collective, class, or aggregate action, as set forth in the Terms and Conditions of the Lulus.com website. By registering and/or submitting an Entry, each Participant irrevocably waives, to the greatest extent allowed by law, any right to seek and/or obtain rescission and/or equitable and/or injunctive relief. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than Participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering The Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE SPONSOR PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, LOST CAPITAL OR OVERHEAD, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
13. General Terms and Conditions: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply, and The Contest is void where prohibited. Lulus reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend The Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of The Contest. In such case, Lulus may select the recipients from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Lulus. Lulus reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of The Contest or who violates these Contest Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, misdirected, misdelivered, or delayed Entries, or for technical or human errors or failures of any kind in connection with the submission, transmission, processing or selection of Entries or the winning Entry, including without limitation any malfunctions or failures of computer hardware, computer software, networks or telephone equipment or any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or late, lost, damaged, or postage due mail, or any combination thereof. Caution: Any attempt by a person to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of The Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of The Contest, or in the announcement of the prize. Sponsor shall not be responsible for retaining copies of any Entry. These Contest Rules set forth the entire agreement and understanding between Sponsor and Participant concerning the subject matter hereof and merges and supersedes all prior discussions, agreements, and understandings of any kind between them. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, at any future time to terminate, modify, or suspend The Contest for any reason, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Participant shall be deemed an independent contractor and nothing contained herein shall constitute this arrangement to be employment, a joint venture, or a partnership. Sponsor's failure to enforce any provision of these Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any provision contained herein. If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein. The titles of Sections of these Contest Rules are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal effect. The word "including" is used in these Contest Rules to mean "including but not limited to."
14. Name of Winner: For the name of the Winner, which will be available after September 9, 2016, send a self-addressed and stamped envelope marked "Lulus Style Studio NYC Winner" to Lulus, 195 Humboldt Ave. Chico, CA 95928.
15. Disclaimer: The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, and in no instance shall Instagram and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (all of the foregoing, the "Instagram Parties") be liable for any disputes, claims, causes of action or controversies arising out of or in connection with The Contest.